For those who don’t know, a scissor lift is something you use when you need to reach heights your standard ladder can’t normally reach. This is not the only thing you need to know about these though. There are a few other things about scissor lifts you should be aware of before you go and hire one. To help you out, here is a list:
- Know what the lift is for before getting one – Since there are many different kinds of lifts available for hire, as can be seen on https://brisbanescissorlifthire.com.au/, you should first ascertain what use the lift will have before you choose. There are a variety of lifts ideal for specific jobs. Those that can accommodate only one person are great for small jobs like changing bulbs and cleaning high places. Those that have very wide platforms are great for hoisting bigger items that you need to install or stow away.
- Scissor lifts also come with different working heights – Aside from the size of the platform, these lifts also come with varying working heights. Some can be used to reach heights of up to 6 metres, while there are some that can help you reach heights of up to 12 metres. Be sure to pick the right height scissor lift since not only do these have various working heights but these also come with a corresponding cost. The higher the height a lift can reach, the higher the rate.
- Know more about scissor lift safety before getting on one – As stable and safe as the scissor lifts on https://brisbanescissorlifthire.com.au/ are, there are still some procedures you need to follow to ensure safe usage. For starters, you shouldn’t have another person move the lift when the platform is up in the air. Always retract the platform before moving it to another location. Other safety rules you need to follow include the following:
- Don’t use the scissor lift in windy weather
- Don’t sit on the railings that are surrounding the platform
- Ensure that the ground the lift is on is stable, level, and flat
- Always have a licensed operator use the lift. If no one in your company is licensed to do this, hire someone from the outside or have your workers trained and certified for such equipment.
- These come with electric, diesel, and four-wheel drive options for you to choose from – Scissor lifts come not only in many different height and weight options. You can also choose what type of engine it uses. Diesel and four-wheel options are great for outdoor use and electric ones are great for indoor use.
Other lift options besides scissor lifts
If a scissor lift does not fit what you need, there are other choices you can pick from. If you check https://brisbanescissorlifthire.com.au/, you will find that you can also choose to use knuckle booms, straight-stick booms, and man lifts. Simply ask the experts for advice on what equipment is best for the use that you have for it. This way, you get the right lift for the purpose you need it for.